Monday, March 22, 2010

London- 3/13 p.m. and Last evening in Picadilly Circus and Chicago

Saturday night was our last evening in London and we wanted to make it an evening to remember. So, we decided to go to Picadilly Circus and walk to Covent Garden where Rules Restaurant is located for a dinner before going to a show. We bought tickets before we went to dinner and were able to get good seats for Chicago. Rules Restaurant is pricey but very nice and formal with traditional and wonderful British Cuisine. Our meals were very tender and excellent. I took some pictures of the Picadilly Circus area which is like a mini Times Square and pictures of the Covent Garden area and the plaque in front of Rules. When we politely rejected a panhandlers offer he said, "Getting money out of Americans is like trying to find a virgin in a maternity ward!" We were thinking, yeah, Americans don't have money right now!! Don enjoyed Chicago because of all the great costumes for the ladies. I really enjoyed seeing the Bob Fosse choreography. I do have to say that I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the movie that received all the academy awards though, but it was still very enjoyable. I really like the Cambridge theater which was very comfortable. I got a picture off of flkr- It was a great last evening, and we were ready to go home! Next Chambers joint trip--- Lisbon, Portugal!!!

2 comments: